Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday, September 28

1. Clothing activity.

We made 8 cards.

esta=this
este=this
estos=these
estas=these
esa=that
ese=that
esos=those
esas=those

Remember that there are two ways to say each word because of the masculine/feminine Spanish thing.

A. I would first speak Spanish and when you heard me say one of the words you would find it and hold it up.

The goal was to become fluent with this phrase: Obviously exchanging the word "this" for the other seven words above.

This purple blouse costs 500 colones, it (doesn't) (fit)s you good.

Esta blusa morada cuesta quinientos colones. No te queada bien.

B. I went through the boxes of clothes. If you brought something, please pick it up. After today, everything will be taken to good will. While I went through the clothes, we would practice A. Eventually I would hold up the clothes and you would find the card with the word I would say first. For example: If I held the blouse away from me we would hold up the card "esa" because we are trying to say "that" and blouse is feminine.

C. We then spoke the sentences above as I continued to pull different items out of the box.

D. We then had a challenge where we would see who could be the first to find the card when I pulled something out of the box.

If you were gone you need to write a sentence, in Spanish, for each of the eight words above. Use the model in "A" above to help. Remember agreement and syntax.


Spanish III/IV:

1. We were going to take our quiz and work on our challenge, but we had a major technologically challenged day. The smart board software crashed a bunch of times and we couldn't get through half the quiz in the period.

If you were gone, consider it a very fortunate day for you. Tell me you love my class in Spanish and act like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment